Add User Frontend makes it possible to add users to Joomla from the frontend. It will even allow authors to add users if you set the right permissions. But by default only super users have acces. However we advice you to be carefull with those settings. Dont use these if you dont know what you are doing.
This component is also a good solution when your clients dont know how to add users from the backend. Just install Add User Frontend and you can stop explaining over and over again how to do this.
Add User Frontend is very simple and can be used by anybody. But it was originally made for webdeveloppers. They can add their own input fields to the "add user form" and add additional SQL queries to insert data in the database.
This can come in handy when you want to integrate with other joomla extenions for example. You need to have basic PHP/HTML knowledge to do so. You can find appropriate documentation on this website.
- Add a registered user to Joomla from the frontend
- Allow authors and higher to add users
- Choose what to do if a username already exists
- Choose if you want to check for existing mails or not
- Sync with Jomsocial
Pro version only:
- Choose exactly which input fields you want to use
- Autogenerate username and password
- Add users to other usergroups from the frontend
- Send notification emails when a user is added
- Send admin notification emails when a user is added
- Choose usergroup to which new users will be added at the frontend
- Add users to a custom usergroup
- Use emailaddress as username
- Create users with autogenerated (fake) email
- Also add users to Community Builder right away
Want to go PRO?
Attention: Description not up to date for Joomla 1.5 and 2.5.
These versions are included in the package but we dont update them anymore,