Add User Frontend makes it possible to add users to Joomla from the frontend. It will even allow authors to add users if you set the right permissions. But by default only super users have access. However, we advise you to be careful with those settings. Don't use these if you don't know what you are doing.
This component is also a good solution when your clients don't know how to add users from the backend. Just install Add User Frontend and you can stop explaining over and over again how to do this.
Add User Frontend is very simple and can be used by anybody. But it was originally made for web developers. They can add their own input fields to the "add user form" and add additional SQL queries to insert data in the database.
This can come in handy when you want to integrate with other Joomla extensions for example. You need to have basic PHP/HTML knowledge to do so. You can find appropriate documentation on this website.
Functions of A.U.F 1.4.0:
- Add a registered user to Joomla from the frontend
- Allow authors and higher to add users
- Choose what to do if a username already exists
- Choose if you want to check for existing emails or not
- Sync with Jomsocial
- Choose exactly which input fields you want to use
- Autogenerate username and password
- Add users to other user groups from the frontend
- Send notification emails when a user is added
- Send admin notification emails when a user is added
- Choose user group to which new users will be added at the frontend
- Add users to a custom user group
- Use email address as username
- Create users with auto generated (fake) email
- Also add users to Community Builder right away
* Buyers will be able to download the component from this website during one year.
Want to know what you get? Check the screenshots: